Maintaining strong brain function affects everything we do, not just our performance at work but also our concentration during physical activity, how we think and feel emotionally, and even how we manage our relationships.
These seven supplements for brain health help to support your cognitive function, provide neuroprotective benefits and aid working memory.
- BenaGene, a patented form of Oxaloacetic Acid supports cognitive function, may help to clear brain fog and is thought to have a protective effect for neurons and neurodegenerative diseases(1). It has also been shown to stimulate neurogenesis (i.e. the formation of neurons)(2). We wrote more about BenaGene on our recent blog “Oxaloacetic Acid and the Brain”.
- L-Theanine is an amino acid and the active ingredient in green tea. L-Theanine has been described as ‘meditation in a capsule’ for its calming effect on concentration, and many people find it helps to reduce mind chatter and improve clarity and focus. L-Theanine has been shown in studies to promote the generation of alpha brain waves which are associated with relaxation and concentration. L-Theanine also supports a healthy stress response.
- Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil (EVCLO) is a trusted source of wild-caught fish liver oil, which is particularly rich in the long-chain omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA. These essential fats provide powerful neuroprotective properties - reducing inflammation, promoting new cell formation, helping to build healthy cell membranes and improve nerve transmission. Omega 3s have also been shown to improve brain function and memory(3).
- H2 Elite - H2 provides powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. H2 Elite is a molecular hydrogen tablet which can simply be added to pure drinking water. Due to its uniquely small size, molecular hydrogen is able to cross the blood-brain barrier and has been shown to reduce oxidative stress and provide a neuroprotective benefit to the brain. We wrote more about H2 here.
- Neuromaster- Bulletproof NeuroMaster is designed to increase BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) levels. These key neuro-proteins for neuron creation and synaptic plasticity may play a role in improving memory and focus.
- MagMind - This powerful formula supports cognitive and brain health. MagMind contains Magnesium L-Threonate, a form of magnesium which has been shown to readily cross the blood-brain barrier and provide significant positive effects on cognition, memory and brain health. (We wrote more about the health benefits of magnesium here).
- CILTEP - CILTEP is a natural nootropic that brings together artichoke extract and forskolin to naturally encourage motivation and improve cognitive focus. Some of the benefits include increased alertness, mental endurance and longer periods of concentration(4).